Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GSIIPU), New Delhi conducts an all India level Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission into its various undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma programmes. Admission into various courses of studies (as mentioned in detail on our below-given page) in GGSIPU for the session 2020-21 will be held through the basis of IPU CET 2020 sometime in the period of April-May. IPU CET 2020 will be an offline pen-paper based entrance exam with the language of exam being only English. Application form for IPU CET 2020 will be released in an online mode on the official website. Candidates are requested to scroll down for further details on IPU CET 2020.
IPU CET 2020 Overview
|Examination||IPU Common Entrance Test 2020|
|Commonly known as||IPU CET 2020|
|Article category||Application details|
|Exam type||University level exam|
|Conducting Authority||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Course offered||UG and PG courses|
|Date of examination||April & May 2020|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of application||Both online|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
IPU CET 2020
Guru Gobind Singh IndraPrastha University has assigned particular CET codes for its various courses of studies. Candidates desirous of seeking admission in any said course of their choice are to check the correct CET code and then proceed with the admission process. IPU CET 2020, if we are to follow the previous year’s admission process, will be distributed under three major programme groups (as mentioned in the IPU CET 2020 Application section of our page). Out of these three major programme groups, candidates will have to select the course study of their choice.
IPU CET 2020- Important Dates
Here is the tentative schedule for IPU CET 2020
|Programs||Last dates to submit an application||Date of exam||Declaration of result|
|B.Tech||1st week of May 2020||2nd week of May 2020||4th week of May 2020|
|BCA||1st week of May 2020||2nd week of May 2020||4th week of May 2020|
|BBA||1st week of May 2020||Last week of May 2020||2nd week of June 2020|
|B.Sc Nursing||2nd week of April 2020||4th week of April 2020||1st week of May 2020|
|B.Ed||1st week of May 2020||2nd week of May 2020||4th week of May 2020|
|LLB||1st week of May 2020||3rd week of May 2020||4th week of May 2020|
|MBA||1st week of May 2020||Last week of May 2020||2nd week of June 2020|
|MCA||1st week of May 2020||3rd week of May 2020||4th week of May 2020|
Documents required for IPU CET 2020
Candidates will need specific details to complete registration. Here are a few important things necessary for the process:
- Candidate’s Personal Details
- Class 10th Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Class 12th Certificate
- Graduation Marksheet
- Post Graduation Marksheet
- Scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph
- Scanned images of Candidate’s Signature
- Caste Certificate
- Local Status
- Adhaar Card
IPU CET 2020 Syllabus
Every course of studies as offered by GGSIPU will have its respective syllabus for IPU CET 2020.
The syllabus for undergraduate programmes like B.Tech (for various branches) will be based on the general NCERT Syllabus as studied by the candidate in his/her class 11th and 12th standard. Candidates applying for B.Tech programme will have to study the following as their topics for preparation of IPU CET 2020:
|CET||CET Code||Syllabus for IPU CET 2020|
Computer Awareness and Physics / Chemistry Related KnowledgeAnalytical and Logical Reasoning
B.Sc Level Mathematics
English (10+2 level)
Analytical & Logical Reasoning
Physics (upto 12th Level)
Chemistry (upto 12th Level
(20%) iii. Mathematics(upto 12th Level)
Biology (Botany and Zoology) (upto 12th Level) or Biotechnology (upto 12th Level)
Syllabus for postgraduate courses will be based on the course of study that was followed during the bachelor’s programme as studied by the applying candidate. Candidates mainly have to be thick and through with whatever they have studied in their bachelor’s programme.
IPU CET 2020- Eligibility
Candidates are advised to go through the IPU CET 2020 admission brochure to get the information about the eligibility criteria. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- Eligibility criteria vary course to course. Here, we have shared eligibility criteria for some of the major courses that are offered by the university.
- For B.Tech- candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with aggregate 55% in Physics, Chemistry, and
- For BBA- candidate must have passed 10+2 (any stream) from a recognized board.
- For BCA- candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks with English, Mathematics/ computer science as compulsory subjects.
- For MBA- Candidates must have completed a three-year bachelors degree (any discipline) with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- For LLB- 10+2 with 50% aggregate marks. Candidates must have passed in English.
- For MCA- Candidates must have completed graduation with minimum 50%. They must have passed in Mathematics and English at 10+2 level.
- Applicants appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible.
Age criterion is again varied from course to course. Candidates are required to go through IPU CET 2020 admission brochure available at www.ipu.ac.in for complete information about age criteria.
IPU CET Application Form 2020:
Check below details relating to applying form of IPU CET 2020:
- IPUCET 2020 application form are released for numerous courses within the month of Feb 2020.
- The complete application method can contain numerous steps – Filling the applying details, uploading the scanned pictures, filling the tutorial qualifications, choosing the course and creating fee payment.
- Students should fill the applying form properly as no correction are allowed when the form submission. However, just in case of mistake, the student will submit a physical kind by paying a particular quantity of fee.
- The application form are made obtainable through on-line mode solely.
- Candidates got to submit separate application forms to apply for over one course.
IPU CET Application Fees:
- For all class candidates, the fee is Rs.1000 for every programme.
- Mode of Payment: Students will pay the applying fee through on-line mode by debit/credit card or web banking method.
IPU CET 2020- Exam Pattern
- The Exam Pattern for IPU CET 2020 is as follows-
- IPU CET 2020 will be conducted in an offline mode (OMR)
- The total duration will be 2 hours 3o minutes for most of the exams.
- Questions paper will be consist of objective type questions.
- The language of the question paper will be English.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
IPU CET 2020 Admit Card
Admit card for IPU CET2020 will be issued to all those eligible candidates whose application form for the same has been accepted post any rectification. Imitation of admit card will not be done other than being available online on the official website. Admit card will be made available once the application form filling process is over. Here are a few instructions to be kept in mind by the candidates regarding admit card:
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination room on the day of IPU CET 2020 without carrying a hard copy of their admit card.
- Candidates will be required to carry two copies of IPU CET 2020 Admit Card.
- One copy of the admit card is to be signed by the then to be present invigilator and carried home by the candidates. The other copy of the admit card is to be signed by the invigilator and submitted to him/her.
- The admit card that will be carried home by the candidate is to be retained till the time of admission is not over. This retained admit card has to be submitted to the Admission Officer at the time of admission.
IPU CET 2020 Reservation:
As per the reservation policy of the University, eighty fifth of the overall seats is going to be reserved for candidates belonging to Delhi region fifteen percent seats are going to be offered to the outside Delhi region candidates.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST/widows or PWD are going to be allowed five percent relaxation of marks in minimum eligibility needed.
IPU CET Result 2020:
IPU CET 2020 Result is going to be made obtainable on-line by getting into the login details. The examination result are going to be declared at totally different dates for numerous courses.
Students are going to be able to transfer their scorecard/merit list by on-line mode. In case, any candidate has any doubt relating to the result, they’ll read their OMR sheet by paying a specific amount of fee.
IPU CET 2020 Cut off:
The University can prepare IPU CET 2020 cut off marks on the idea of varied factors – Level of issue of the test, marking theme, range of seats, total range of candidates appeared, last year cut-off, etc.
It will be released for All India level, Delhi and outdoors Delhi candidates. Candidates should secure marks within the test as per the cut off marks prescribed to urge chosen for counseling.
IPU CET 2020 Counseling:
- After the results declaration, qualified candidates are needed to Print provisionary Allotment Letter and seem for counseling.
- IPUCET 2020 counseling is going to be command in 2 procedures – Offline . For the offline counseling, students ought to visit the assigned venue on an individual basis, pay the fee, get the documents verified and lock the seats. it’ll be command for numerous medical and PGMC programmes.
- The online counseling are going to be command for varied courses – B.Tech, BBA, BCA, BCOM, BJMC, LLB, BED, MBA, MCA, etc. Complete details of counseling are going to be notified on-line.
IPU CET 2020 Test Centre
As per previous year, we have mentioned the list of centers where IPU CET 2020 examination will be conducted. Candidates can choose the center of their choice according to their need and convenience during the filling of IPU CET 2020 application form.
|City Name||Code Number|
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
What will be the various mode of payment for submitting application fee?
The payment procedure of application fee of IPU CET 2020 will be via debit card/credit card/net-banking.
What will be the examination pattern for IPU CET?
For all IPU CET examinations, the duration of the exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes except for B.Tech and M.A. English where the duration of the exam will be 3 hours. IPU CET, as based on the previous year’s exam pattern, will be conducted in a pen-paper based i.e. offline mode.
What different courses does IPU offers to the candidates?
Candidates can check the list of the different courses offered by IPU below. Engineering/Professional/M.Phil/PG Diploma/PG Ayurveda Programmes, PhD Postgraduate Medical Courses/Super Speciality Medical Courses/Undergraduate Medical Courses/B.Sc. (Yoga).
What documents are required at the IPU CET Examination Center?
Candidates must go to the IPU CET Examination Center along with a hard copy of their Admit Card and a valid identity proof.
At what time should I reach the IPU CET Examination Center?
Candidates must reach to the IPU CET Examination Center 2 hours prior to the examination.
Can I apply for multiple courses in IPU CET through single application form?
You have to submit separate application forms to apply for more than one course.
How can I download the admit card of IPU CET?
You can download the admit card of IPU CET 2020 through online mode by entering your login credentials.