NEET 2020 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency on May 3. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted for admission to various courses such as MBBS, BDS, AYUSH courses, etc.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, abbreviated as NEET is conducted every year for admission to the first year of MBBS or BDS. The examination is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), an organization set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development solely for the purpose of selecting candidates for various courses and conducting the relevant entrance examinations. NEET 2020 will be conducted on May 3, 2020. All those who wish to take admission into the first year of MBBS or BDS are required to register for the NEET 2020. After successful completion of the application form, candidates will be issued a hall ticket or admit card for NEET 2020. Read the complete article to know more about NTA NEET
NEET 2020 – Overview
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET-UG)|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Academic Qualification||10+2 or equivalent with PCB|
|Exam Date and Mode||May 3, 2020 in pen and paper mode|
|Exam Cities (as per 2019)||155 cities|
|Scope of NEET||Admissions to MBBS and BDS programmes in India including AIIMS and JIPMER as well as abroad. AYUSH courses available in the country. Veterinary and other undergraduate medical courses in the country|
|Seat Intake||75893 (MBBS) in 529 colleges (as per MCI)
26693 (BDS) in 313 colleges (as per DCI)
1205 in 15 AIIMS institute across India
200 in JIPMER, Puducherry and Karaikal
|Number of Applicants||15,19,375 (in 2019)|
|Number of Appeared Candidates||14,10,754 (in 2019)|
NEET Important Dates 2020
National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the dates of NEET 2020 through an official notification on August 21, 2019. The important dates of NEET 2020 are listed in the table below to help candidates keep track of deadline. NEET 2020 application dates, correction, admit card and exam date can be checked below.
NEET UG pre-exam dates
|Events before NEET||Dates|
|Notification of NEET||August 21, 2019|
|Application form date||December 2, 2019 from 4:00 PM|
|Last date for NEET 2020 registration||December 31, 2019|
|Last date to pay application fee||January 1, 2020|
|NEET application correction dates||January 15 to 31, 2020|
|Release of admit card||March 27, 2020|
|NEET 2020||May 3, 2020 (2.00 PM to 5.00 PM)|
|Answer key by coaching institutes||May 3, 2020|
*dates are tentative
NEET UG post-exam dates
|Events after NEET exam||Dates|
|Display of recoded responses of candidates||Last week of May 2020|
|Release of provisional answer key||Last week of May 2020|
|Publication of final official answer key||June 4, 2020|
|Declaration of result||June 4, 2020|
|Counselling starts||Second week of June 2020|
NEET 2020 Latest News and Updates
NEET Login 2020
With the release of the application form, the NEET 2020 login creation begins. To create the login the candidates need the below given details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth in dd/mm/yyyy format
- ID proof number
- Mobile Number and e-mail Address
- Complete postal address with PIN Code
Login: Candidates can create the NEET 2020 login as per schedule from the official website ntaneet.nic.in
Preparation Tools from CONCEPTREE Learning
NEET All India Mock Test series with detailed solutions and rank analysis Click Here
Start your free one month Trial for CONCEPTREE Digital program Click Here
Important Dates of NTA NEET 2020
National Testing Agency has announced the important dates of NEET 2020 on August 21. The dates have been provided in the table below to help the students stay updated.
|Release of NEET application form 2020||December 2, 2019|
|Deadline to register for NEET 2020||December 31, 2019|
|NTA NEET admit card 2020||March 27, 2020|
|NEET 2020 exam||May 3, 2020|
|NEET Result 2020||June 4, 2020|
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the following NEET Eligibility Criteria before registering for exam:
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals citizen are eligible to apply for NEET (UG).
- Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats: Candidates belonging to J&K states are eligible to apply under 15% All India Quotas only on the basis of self-declaration.
- Age limit: Candidates must have completed minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. There is no upper age limit to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must have completed 12th level or equivalent examination.
- Mandatory Subjects: Students in their 12th level must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as mandatory subject.
- Percentage: Candidates in the 12th level must have secured minimum 50% marks for General categories; 45% marks for PH & 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC category candidates in PCB group.
- Appearing: Candidates are appearing in their qualifying exam or waiting for their result are also eligible for NEET (UG).
NEET Application Form 2020
National Testing Agency will release the NEET 2020 application form on December 2, 2019, from 4:00 PM in online mode. To fill the NEET application candidates must follow five steps as detailed below. Before applying for NEET 2020, its advisable to keep necessary documents ready.
- NEET 2020 Registration: Candidates must enter their name, email Id, mobile number, gender etc to register and generate their provisional application number and login credentials.
- Login to fill NEET application form 2020: Next candidates must use the given NEET 2020 login ID and password to fill the personal, academic and communication details
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents: the details and specifications of the photograph and signature are given below.
- Pay the application fee of NEET: Candidates must pay the prescribed fee, the details of which are given below. Payment mode is online through net banking, debit/credit cards etc or through cash deposit (e-challan) to be paid at State Bank of India branches only.
- Print confirmation page: After the payment is made and details submitted, candidates must download the confirmation page and save the same.
Documents needed to apply for NEET 2020
- Photograph with file size 10 to 100 Kb in jpg format. Postcard size picture with a white background with name of the candidate and date printed below the photograph is mandated.
- Signature with file size 3 to 20 Kb in jpg format. Signature of candidate should be in black ink on white background and must not be in capitals.
- Class 10 certificate with file size between 100 kb to 400 kb.
Syllabus and Pattern for NEET 2020
Syllabus of NEET 2020 is defined by the National Testing Agency. The NEET syllabus 2020 comprises of three subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The syllabus of NEET NTA 2020 largely overlaps the syllabus from class XI & XII for the respective subjects.
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology and Botany)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||(Physics – 45 Chemistry – 45 Biology – 90) Total -180|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each correct answer -1 mark for each incorrect answer|
|Total Marks||720 marks|
|Medium||English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Gujarati|
|Syllabus for class 11||Physics – Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Oscillations and Waves|
|Chemistry –Structure of Atom, Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Hydrocarbons, Thermodynamics, Hydrogen, s-block elements, p-block elements, Organic Chemistry, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Environmental Chemistry|
|Biology – Diversity in Living World, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
|Syllabus for class 12||Physics – Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electronic Devices, Atoms and Nuclei, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnesium|
|Chemistry –Solutions, Electrochemistry, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, General Principles, Processes of Isolation of Elements, p, d, f – block elements, coordination compounds, Surface Chemistry, Alcohols, Solid State, Phenols, and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones, Chemical Kinetics, and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Biology – Reproduction, Ecology and Environment, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and Its Application, Biology and Human Welfare|
NEET 2020 Result
NEET 2020 Result will be released in the last week of May 2020. Medical aspirants who attended the exam can check their results on the official website of NTA.
- Before result declaration, answer keys will be released by NTA.
- Candidates will be able to send challenges against the answer keys on a fee of INR 1000 per answer which may be refunded if NTA accepts the representation.
- NEET 2020 Result will be announced after careful evaluation of the answer sheet of students.
- The result will be applicable for admissions in all the medical colleges in India except AIIMS and JIPMER as they conduct their entrance test.
- Candidates can also download their results for their future reference.
NEET 2020 Cut off
The marks or rank of the candidate last admitted through NEET determines the cutoff for a year. The cut-offs are different for the candidates belonging to different categories. NEET cutoff 2020 can help the candidates understand the difficulty level of the examination. The cut off for NEET 2020 will be released by NTA post the declaration of the result. Till then candidates can refer to the NEET cut off data of the previous years given below.
NEET cut off for MBBS
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Cut off marks for 2019||Cutoff marks for 2018|
|UR – PWD||45||120||107|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD||40||107||96|
*UR- Unreserved category, PWD- Persons with disability, SC- Scheduled Caste, ST- Scheduled Tribe, OBC-Other Backward Classes
NEET Related Articles
IGCSE Students-Eligibility, Requirements and Considerations for NEET-JEE-Entrance Examinations
Smart Study Plan for Excellence in NEET
Time Management- A Must Have Tool for Cracking NEET and JEE
How to Score 600+ in NEET 2019
How to Crack NEET with just 6 months of preparation?
NEET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Is it true that NEET 2020 will include AIIMS and JIPMER?
Yes. Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has announced this in a press conference on October 4.
What is the age limit for NEET 2020?
There is no age limit for now.
How many seats are there in NEET?
There are 77,298 MBBS seats as per MCI data and 26693 BDS seats as per DCI.
How many questions are repeated in NEET?
There is no hard and fast rule for this. The best way to know this is to attempt the past year question papers and guage. You will not just know how many questions are repeated but also the weightage as well as important topics.
How many times can I attempt NEET?
There is no restriction on the number of attempts for NEET
What will be the difficulty level of NEET 2020?
NEET 2020 will be based on class 11 and 12 syllabus with questions in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Expert opinion is that with right preparation, one can crack the exam.
Is there any changes in NEET 2020?
Yes, some changes has been introduced in application fee & form filing procedure. You can check it from the application form section.
Can a candidate change its center city after the allotment of roll number?
No, candidates can not change center or city after allotment of roll number.
Do I have to send confirmation page of application form to the authority ?
No, sending any print out of NEET (UG) application form to NTA is not required.