JEE Main Registration 2020 for January session has been started by NTA on September 3. The application form of JEE Main 2020 is available online for both papers I (BE/BTech) and paper II (BArch). The last date to apply for the JEE Main 2020 January Session is September 30, 2019. For JEE Main 2020 April Session, registration will begin from February 7, 2020, and the last date to apply for the same is March 7, 2020.
The application process includes JEE Mains 2020 registration, filling JEE Main application form, uploading of documents and scanned images, payment of application fee and take a printout of the application form. For JEE Main 2020 registration, candidates must check the JEE Main eligibility criteria as prescribed by the authority. The JEE Main 2020 fees for registration can be paid in online (debit/credit/net banking) and offline (e-challan) modes. Candidates who wish to appear in the exam, have to complete their JEE Main registrations 2020 by September 30, 2019. JEE Main 2020 application correction facility will also be available on the official website for candidates (including EWS category) who want to edit/change/rectify particulars in their exam application form.
To fill JEE Main Application Form 2020, click here
JEE Main 2020 Registration Dates – January Session
|JEE Main 2020 notification||August 21, 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Registration begins||September 3, 2019|
|Last Date to fill JEE Main 2020 application form||September 30, 2019|
|Last date to pay JEE Main 2020 application Fee||October 1, 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 correction window||October 11 to 17, 2019|
JEE Main 2020 Registration Dates – April Session
|JEE Main 2020 notification||August 21, 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Registration begins||February 7, 2020|
|Last Date to fill JEE Main 2020 application form||March 7, 2020|
|Last date to pay JEE Main 2020 application Fee||Second week of March 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 correction window||Second week of March 2020|
JEE Main Application Form 2020 – Step by step process
Documents required for JEE Main Application Form 2020?
Candidates should also keep the following ready:
- Class 10th and 12th academic details
- Aadhaar Card or Aadhaar Enrollment Number
- Scanned images of passport, voter ID or any valid Govt ID.
- Valid email ID and Mobile Number
- Credit/Debit/Net banking details if the fee is paid online
How to fill JEE Main application form 2020?
Before filling JEE Main application forms, candidates should ensure that they have all the documents needed to fill the application form along with their debit/credit cards that are required to pay the application fees.
Step 1: Register for JEE Main 2020
The registration process for JEE Main comprises the below-mentioned steps. Interested candidates, before filling the application form, should ensure that they meet the JEE Main eligibility criteria.
Fresh candidates applying for JEE Main 2020 need to register on the official website of the exam. Already registered candidates are not required to register on the website. Such candidates can sign-in to JEE Main’s official website with their old credentials.
Step 2: Fill the online application form
Next, aspirants need to fill their personal, academic and contact details in the JEE Main application form and note down system generated application number. They also have to create a password which will be used for future logins. Below are the details that the candidates should fill in the application form.
Exam – Choice of paper – 1 or 2 or both. Candidates must also select the preference of exam language in which they want to appear
Personal – Here candidates have to provide name, category, father’s and mother’s name etc.
Academic – Give details about class X and XII qualifying examination
Communication – Candidates have to provide their residential and correspondence details.
Guardian Details – Provide details about parents/guardian’s occupation, qualification and total annual income among others.
Preferred exam cities – Candidates have select 4 cities as per preference for JEE Main 2020
Step 3: Upload scanned documents
At this step, aspirants are required to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the specifications prescribed (as mentioned in the above table).
Before filling JEE Main 2020 application forms, candidates should have a scanned image of his/her recent photograph and signature. These scanned images are to be uploaded during the submission of application form. Here are some important details that candidates should remember before uploading the scanned photograph and signature.
- The photograph should be coloured or black/white (but clear contrast) with the name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph printed on it.
- The photograph should not have the candidate wearing a cap or sunglasses. Spectacles are allowed. Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
- Candidates with an unclear photograph will be rejected.
- Candidates are advised to reserve 6-8 identical photographs for all future purposes including the seat allocation and admission process.
Specifications of documents to be uploaded:
Documents to be kept ready for JEE Main Registration
|Photograph of the candidate in which his/ her name and date of photograph must be mentioned beneath the photo||JPG/ JPEG||10 KB to 200KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature of the candidate||JPG/ JPEG||4KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Step 4: Pay the JEE Main 2020 application fees
The candidates can pay the application fees in any mode – Online or Offline.
- For online payment, candidates can use SBI MOPS (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking)
- For offline payment, E- Challan can be downloaded and then submitted.
JEE Main 2020 application fee (For examination centres in India)
|JEE Main Paper-1 or JEE Main Paper-2||Rs 500 (Boys)
Rs 250 (Girls)
|Rs 250 (Boys)
Rs 250 (Girls)
|Both JEE Main Paper-1 and JEE Main Paper-2||Rs 900 (Boys)
Rs 450 (Girls)
|Rs 450 (Boys)
Rs 450 (Girls)
JEE Main 2020 application fee (For examination centre opted abroad)
|Paper (s) Appearing||General/OBC||SC/ST/PWD/Transgender|
|JEE Main Paper-1 or JEE Main Paper-2||Rs 2000 (Boys)
Rs 1000 (Girls)
|Rs 1000 (Boys)
Rs 1000 (Girls)
|Both JEE Main Paper-1 and JEE Main Paper-2||Rs 3000 (Boys)
Rs 1500 (Girls)
|Rs 1500 (Boys)
Rs 1500 (Girls)
Candidates also have the option of paying the exam fees through e-challan. To pay JEE Main 2020 application fee through this mode, aspirants should follow the steps given below:
- Take an A4 size print out of the e-challan in PDF format from the SBI MOPS page. It will have all the required information related to the exam and NTA along with the Bank Reference Number.
- Visit any of the SBI branches in India to deposit the amount mentioned in the e-challan. The amount needs to be deposited in cash. Please note that the bank will only accept the pre-printed amount in e-challan.
- Remember, e-challan and reference numbers mentioned on the e-challan cannot be edited. Once candidates deposit the cash, SBI’s CBS system will successfully update the payment status.
- Candidates can take the reprint of the e-challan through the SBI online website. All they need to do is to navigate to the tab SBI MOPS and select the appropriate examination under NTA. The reprint of the e-challan can be taken by submitting the required information.
Step 5: Print the confirmation page
The last step is to take four printouts of the confirmation page, after successful payment of JEE Main 2020 application fees. Candidates must keep this acknowledgement page till the admission process is over. This is how the JEE Main 2020 January exam confirmation page will look like:
JEE Main 2020 Application Form – Highlights
- Multiple application forms submitted by candidates will be rejected by NTA.
- The final submission of online Application form will remain incomplete if Step 2 and Step 3 are not completed. Such forms will be rejected and no requests related to this will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee (full/partial), once paid by the candidate, will be entertained.
- The entire application process of JEE Main 2020 is online, including uploading of scanned images, payment of fees and printing of confirmation page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including the confirmation page to NTA through Post/Fax/ By Hand.
- The fee may be paid either by credit/ debit card/ net banking or e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form using online payment gateway facility in State Bank of India. Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected.
Documents to preserve after submitting JEE Main 2020 application form
Once JEE Main registration process is over, listed below are the documents candidates need to preserve:
- JEE Main registration confirmation mail and print out of the same
- JEE Main admit card 2020 issued by NTA and downloaded from the official website
- Few passport size photographs, same as used while filling JEE Main application form
How to check the status of your JEE Main application form?
NTA will provide candidates with an option to check their progress related to JEE Main application form on the official website. The “Application Form Progress” feature will be available on the left corner of the JEE Main application window. Aspirants will be able to check their status for the below-mentioned states of the application process:
- View Application Form
- View Scanned Images
- View Payment Status
- Payment Status
JEE Main application form correction: How to make edits?
- Visit the official website of JEE Main 2020
- Navigate and hit the ‘tab
- Enter your Application number, Password, Security Pin (displayed on the screen)
- Click the ‘Login’ button
- Click on ‘Manage Form Particulars Correction’ to edit and make changes
- Read the instructions carefully
- Edit the information and make the changes
- Pay an additional fee if required
- Please note that incomplete and incorrect JEE Main 2020 forms will be rejected. Thus, candidates are advised to use this facility wisely. In case of any discrepancy, students can correct the same before the last date.
Details you can edit using JEE Main 2020 correction window
- Aadhaar number
- Date of Birth
- Communication address
- Contact number
Details you cannot edit using JEE Main 2020 Correction window
- Exam city
- Examination mode
What after JEE Main 2020 Application Form?
Candidates who successfully apply for JEE Main 2020 January Session, will be able to download JEE Main admit card 2020. It is one of the most important documents to be carried to the test centre. Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to take the exam.
For any queries, please visit your nearest CONCEPTREE Learning Center.